Is your HubSpot portal delivering the results you need? As your business evolves and its marketing and sales goals change, it's important to ensure that your HubSpot portal is up-to-date and optimised for success. That's where a HubSpot portal audit becomes essential.
A portal audit is a comprehensive review of your HubSpot account, including your website, content, contacts, marketing, sales, and service. By conducting an audit, you can identify areas for improvement, optimise your settings and processes, and ensure that you're getting the most out of HubSpot's tools and features.
In this article, we'll guide you through the steps of auditing your own HubSpot portal. From account setup and website performance to content, contacts, marketing, sales, and service, we'll cover everything you need to ensure that your HubSpot portal is running smoothly and delivering the results you need.
Step 1: Account Setup
Your HubSpot account setup is the foundation of your entire portal. By reviewing and optimising your account settings, you ensure that you're set up for success with HubSpot's tools and features.
Use these steps to complete your account setup audit:
- Verify domain settings: Ensure that your domain is set up correctly in HubSpot and that your website is connected to your portal.
- Check company and contact information: Make sure that your company information is accurate and up-to-date, and that your contact information is complete.
- Verify email and communication settings: Check your email sending domains, email settings, and communication settings to make sure they're properly configured.
- Review user roles and permissions: Verify that users in your portal have the appropriate roles and permissions assigned.
Step 2: Website
Your website is an essential component of your HubSpot portal. It's the primary channel through which you'll attract visitors, convert leads, and generate revenue. By auditing your website, you'll know what to fix so that your website is performing at its best and delivering the results you need. Use Struto’s website grader if you need assistance.
Here are the steps to follow in your website audit:
- Check website performance: Run a website audit to identify any performance issues, such as slow page load times or broken links.
- Review website pages and templates: Verify that your website pages and templates are optimised for SEO and user experience.
- Verify website integrations: Ensure that your website is properly integrated with HubSpot and any other third-party tools you use.
- Check website security settings: Review your website's security settings and make any necessary updates to protect against potential threats.
Step 3: Content
Your content is the fuel that powers your inbound marketing efforts. By auditing your content, you’ll be certain that you're creating and publishing high-quality, engaging content that resonates with your target audience.
Here are some crucial steps to follow in your content audit:
- Review content strategy and goals: Evaluate your content strategy and goals to ensure that they align with your overall business objectives.
- Check content organisation and categorisation: Review your content organisation and categorisation to make sure it's clear and easy for users to navigate.
- Verify content performance and optimisation: Evaluate the performance of your content and make any necessary updates to optimise it for search engines and users.
- Check for outdated or irrelevant content: Identify and remove any outdated or irrelevant content on your website.
Step 4: Contacts
Your contacts are the lifeblood of your HubSpot portal. By auditing your contacts, you’re reinforcing and making sure that you're capturing high-quality leads and managing your contacts effectively throughout their lifecycle.
Follow these steps for your contacts audit:
- Verify contact properties and fields: Review your contact properties and fields to ensure that they're properly set up and that you're capturing the right information about your leads and customers.
- Review contact lists and segmentation: Check your contact lists and segmentation to ensure that they're up-to-date and properly segmented for targeted marketing and sales efforts.
- Check contact workflows and automation: Review your contact workflows and automation to ensure that they're properly set up and functioning as intended.
- Review contact engagement and communication: Evaluate your contact engagement and communication to identify areas for improvement and optimise your approach.
Step 5: Marketing
Your marketing efforts are at the heart of your inbound strategy. A marketing audit ensures that you're creating and executing effective campaigns that attract, engage, and convert your target audience.
Here are the steps for your marketing audit:
- Review marketing goals and performance: Evaluate your marketing goals and performance to identify areas for improvement and optimisation.
- Verify marketing campaigns and automation: Check your marketing campaigns and automation to ensure that they're properly set up and functioning as intended.
- Check for email deliverability issues: Identify and address any email deliverability issues to improve the effectiveness of your email marketing efforts.
- Verify tracking and analytics: Ensure that you're properly tracking and analysing your marketing efforts to measure their impact and make data-driven decisions.
Step 6: Sales
Your sales efforts are the keystone of your business success. By auditing your sales processes, you’re enabling the effective management of your sales pipeline, and providing transparency to the customer conversion cycle that drives revenue growth.
Here are the steps to follow in your sales audit:
- Review sales goals and performance: Evaluate your sales goals and performance to identify areas for improvement and optimisation.
- Verify sales pipelines and deals: Check your sales pipelines and deals to ensure that they're properly set up and functioning as intended.
- Check for sales automation issues: Identify and address any sales automation issues to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your sales process.
- Review sales communication and follow-up: Evaluate your sales communication and follow-up to identify areas for improvement and optimise your approach.
Step 7: Service
Providing excellent customer service is vital to your continued business success as positive customer experiences ensure business longevity. A HubSpot portal audit ensures that you're delivering outstanding customer experiences that build loyalty and drive referrals.
Implement these steps in your service audit:
- Review service goals and performance: Evaluate your service goals and performance to identify areas for improvement and optimisation.
- Verify service tickets and feedback: Check your service tickets and feedback to ensure that they're properly set up and functioning as intended.
- Check for service automation issues: Identify and address any service automation issues to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your service process.
- Review service communication and follow-up: Evaluate your service communication and follow-up to identify areas for improvement and optimise your approach.
Auditing your HubSpot portal is a critical step in ensuring that your business is effectively leveraging the platform to drive growth and success. By following this HubSpot Portal Audit Checklist, you can thoroughly review your HubSpot portal and identify areas for improvement across all key areas of the platform.
Remember to take detailed notes as you perform your audit and prioritise your findings based on impact and effort. This will help you develop a clear action plan for addressing any issues and improving your HubSpot portal.
If you're looking for assistance with your HubSpot portal audit, Struto can help. Our team of experienced HubSpot specialists can perform a comprehensive audit of your HubSpot portal, provide you with a detailed report of our findings, and work with you to implement solutions that will help you achieve your marketing and sales goals. Book a call with Struto to get started.